Residential Permit Parking (RPP) is in effect on many of the streets in NUNA. If permit parking is in effect on your street, signs will be available listing days and hours of operation. Permits must be purchased from the COA annually and are valid from August 1-July1 each calendar year. The RPP website can be found at “Austin Residential Permit Parking”.
Current information can be requested as follows:
- Email: Residentialparking@austintexas.gov
- Phone: 512-974-2891
- Website to register/renew permits (2021-22)
Important facts about RPP:
- Application for a parking permit can be completed by clicking on “fill out the online application here”. You can find 1.) the current cost of permits, 2.) the number and types of permits you can request, and 3.) payment information
- Currently, you can purchase a combination of up to 6 windshield stickers or hangtags, with a maximum of two hangtags per address
- Day passes are available to purchase by request for your houseguests or repair persons to park on the street.
- Repair and construction vehicles that have signage on their vehicle do not require a permit. Construction permits for vehicles without signage can also be purchased.
The COA is encouraging online applications , although the options of getting applications through “snail mail” is still currently available:
- Once you are a current permit holder, you will receive an email renewal reminder in June or July each year
- You can apply in person at the RPP office located at 1501 Toomey Rd. In person application is only by appointment. Appointments may be made by email or by phone (see above contact information).
- A reminder that even with a parking permit on display, NUNA residents must follow all other COA parking rules on our neighborhood streets.